Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm Mr. Blue

The majority of people who take the Princeton Review Career Quiz are recent college graduates whose entrance into the workforce is imminent. I have always been a late adopter so I decided to wait until the quiz was tweaked. Fourteen years after graduation, I felt that all the kinks had been worked out. Upon completion, the results already confirmed what I was feeling. I'm blue.

The quiz has a total of 24 questions. Each question provides two possibilities but only one answer can be chosen. Upon answering all the questions, you are assigned two colors. One is based on Interest and the other is Style. Mine was blue for both.


I guess we have been down in the dumps lately.


Initially this upset me. I'm not racist, but I think we can all agree that blue people are lazy as shit. Based on this sweeping generalization, I decided to look further into the test.
Here are some sample questions:

Question 1
a) I would rather be an auditor.
b) I would rather be a musician.

Question 2
a) I would rather be a clerical worker.
b) I would rather be a carpenter.

Question 3
a) I would rather be in Corporate America.
b) I would rather suck on a 12-gauge.

My Interest was blue:

Blue people like job responsibilities and occupations that involve creative, humanistic, and quiet types of activities. This is often due to being witness to a traumatic act in their formative years thereby stunting emotional growth. Blue people repressed this horrific experience and escaped by disengaging with the outside world to create their own. Their personal world extensively involved video games, comic books, and torturing handicapped animals.




Neato mosquito! Get 'em Green Lantern!

Blue interests include theorizing, masturbating, knitting, writing, and murder, which often lead to work in teaching, masturbating, knitting, mediating, murdering, and other activities ending in "ing".

My Style was also blue:

People with blue styles prefer to perform their job responsibilities in a manner that is supportive and helpful to others with a minimum of confrontation. This is due to their fear of once again being socially isolated from the outside world and forced to play Dungeons & Dragons in their parents basement.

My half-orc has darkvision. Or is it dorkvision?

They prefer to work where they have time to think things through and desperately need others to validate them. People with blue style tend to be insightful, reflective, masturbating masturbaters, selectively sociable, thoughtful, and imaginative. Usually they thrive in a cutting edge, informally paced, future-oriented environment where mistakes are not easily spotted.

Go on, take the test. Unless you are Blue. Then I'm sure you'll make up an excuse not to take it. Lazy ass.

http://www.princetonreview.com/cte/quiz/career_quiz1.asp

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm green.
- Dave Honaker
- Shit! How do I undo that?!? I meant "Anonymous."
- FUCK! I keep trying to delete this comment and it won't work! Why the fuck won't it delete??
- <.regedit.> /comments off~delete
- Did that work?
- fucking worthless CNET hacks

Anonymous said...

I'm green.
- Anonymouse

Anonymous said...

I'm green.
- AnonymouS

Anonymous said...

I'm really into masturbation too. Now if I could just find a hot blue masturbatetress, I'd be good to go.

Corporate Joe said...

Your secret is safe with me Dave.

You hear that everybody! We're using code names.

Anonymous said...

I suspect I'm blue because I'm going to go take the test to fuck off from doing anything useful. Then I'm going to go masturbate and take a nap.

Maybe I will skip the test.