Thursday, February 18, 2016

Buying Borrowed Time

In the world of business and with the prophetic voice of Janet Jackson, "What have you done for me lately?" rings true. A body of work is remembered after the smoke has cleared from a career. But when the same career is active and in motion, the last thing accomplished is the first item in leadership's mind. If the last accomplishment grows more distant in the rear view mirror, the "do you have a minute?" talk closely follows. Lucky for me, my latest accomplishment bought me some borrowed time.

Excuse me, sir. When is my clock up?
My co-workers and I incubated a demo release for days. Okay, weeks. Okay, months. It has been incubating for so long I thought it would hatch on its own with ill regard for us. Leadership grew weary of our internal meetings. They needed external results. Something to hang their own hats on. Finally the product was ready, the waiting was over, the expectations were high, and the room for error was minimal. Pressure cooker. Deliver the product or receive a pink slip.

Sit back, relax your crack. I got this.
The demo went well. It went great. It went spectacular. If interested in the details, please send me an email request directly. I recommend reading through these details if you suffer from insomnia. By the second paragraph, the delta waves will flow in stage 3 NREM. Point is, the success of the demo bought me and my co-workers time. Our latest accomplishment is on the horizon. It will be a few days before it even transitions to the rear view mirror. I am living on borrowed time and loving the view.

You will read the first few lines--then POOF! Out like a light.
Hitting one out of the park is a nice feeling. A temporary comfort zone. The hard work, the late nights. All in an effort to identify and connect with the sweet spot. An effortless swing as the deliverable ascends beyond expectations and into the fanatic clutch of the client. I tell myself to enjoy the present. Remember this time. Take a deep breath. The ascension leads to the opposite. What goes up must come down. The euphoria gone and replaced by the anticipated deliverables pounding on the front door with a due date.

While leadership rides the wake of my recent efforts, I am taking off early on Friday. What have I done for them lately? A lot. Once the lollipops and rainbows wear off I will head into work early on Monday to avoid any "do you have a minute?" talks. Tomorrow, all I have is time. Monday, I don't have a minute. I don't even have a second. I am busy working on making someone else look good three months from now.

6 comments:

anna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tushar soni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dokdok said...

เผาผลาญไขมัน ไม่เป็นอันตราย เป็นเทคโนโลยี ที่มีคุณภาพสูงสำหรับในการเผาผลาญไขมันส่วนเกิน
เครื่องจะตรวจจำนวนไขมัน และก็คำนวนพลังงานที่จะต้องใช้อัตโนมัติ แล้วก็พวกเราจะใช้เครื่องไม้เครื่องมือยิงคลื่น
อัลตร้าซาวด์เข้าไปในรอบๆที่ได้ทำเครื่องหมายไว้อย่างสม่ำเสมอ โดยไม่เจ็บต่อเยื่อรอบๆ ใกล้เคียง ไม่ว่าจะเป็นผิวหนังข้างบน เซลล์ประสาท หรือ เส้นเลือด ต่อจากนั้นเซลล์ไขมันจะถูกแปลงให้เป็นของเหลวแล้วถูกดูดซับไปสู่กระแส เลือด แล้วถูกนำไปเผาผลาญโดยระบบการกำจัดไขมันของ
ร่างกายตามธรรมชาติ ทำให้ท่านสัมผัสได้ถึงรูปร่างที่กระชับและก็เรียบเนียนขึ้นโดยทันทีข้างหลังการดูแลรักษา โดยไม่เป็นผลข้างๆใดๆก็ตามต่อสภาพทางด้านร่างกายแล้วก็สามารถดำเนิน
ชีวิตตามเดิม โดยไม่ต้องพักรักษาตัว


สลายไขมัน กระชับสัดส่วน
สลายไขมัน ไม่ผ่าตัด

Alvan Lewis said...

Good description of all the details related to topics which are given thanks for giving this to us. You know how to get Roblox Gift Card Codes? If you have the details of Roblox so you can visit Roblox Gift Card Generator

Alvan Lewis said...

It was a great informative post. Go so many useful and informative links. Loved your writings also. The concept of the topic was well discussed. I also discuss my topic roblox gift card generator no survey

loda lasan said...

It's good to be here and read some interesting posts , i got very useful information over here thanks for sharing it. Autoclicker